Thursday 8 August 2013

Liechtenstein

I know I said I was going to be absent for a few months from this blog. Yes, I'm still busy studying for my examination. But this week, we have a long holiday in lieu of Singapore's National Day and Hari Raya. Selamat Hari Raya Adhil Fitri to all muslim friends out there! So I do have some time to update my blog for this long weekend holiday. I hope not to keep too much of a backlog, otherwise I'll have too many updates to do after my examinations!

Today, I present a package I received from Liechtenstein some time ago. It was pretty bulky and I opened it to receive a nice surprise inside! There are two postcards, both depicting the Vaduz Castle, as its name suggests, in Vaduz, Liechtenstein.

It is not very certain the exact date the castle was built or completed, but early mention of it dates back to the 12th century. Today, it is a palace and the official residence of the Prince of Liechtenstein.

The other postcard:


Also included in the envelope were some wonderful souvenirs from Liechtenstein, including advertisement brochures and a paper bag. I realise many advertisement brochures I receive from Europe are about this size (more or less a standard size?), so I was wondering if you guys print your advertisements all in standard size.

There were some pretty stamps used on this envelope. The two on the left of the top row are from a series showcasing the bridges in Liechtenstein. They were issued on 3rd June 2013. Also issued on the same date is the young "chamois", showcasing young animals of the Alpine region. Last on the envelope is a stamp showing a butterfly issued on 7th September 2009 as part of set depicting the fauna of the country.

Thank you so much for the wonderful swap Michaela!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!